United Methodist Connectional FCU 2023 Annual College Scholarships
Are you or do you know a member age 17-35 who is attending or planning to attend college and attend church
in in one of the four conferences? If so, please let them know about your Credit Union's college scholarship
program. Four winning applicants, one from each of our four conferences, Florida, North Georgia, South Georgia
and Alabama-West Florida will receive a $1000 scholarship each.
Applicants will need to meet the following requirements:
- Be a Credit Union Member in Good Standing:
Joining requires a $5 initial deposit into a share/savings account, but once you’re a member, you can easily open a checking account, get a debit card and enroll in online banking so you’ll be all ready with the right financial tool kit.
- Submit a 500-Word Essay:
Write an essay that answers the following question:
• Credit unions are not-for-profit financial institutions whose purpose is to serve its members. How can UMC FCU better appeal to and serve its college and young adult members?
- Complete and Submit the Application and Essay no later than April 28, 2023.
Ways to submit your Application and Essays
- Online: APPLY TODAY
- SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION – PDF English
- Mailed: 1991 Lower Roswell Rd., Marietta, GA 30068 or 450 Martin Luther King Jr. Ave., Lakeland, FL 33815 (Do not mail to both locations)
- Faxed: 770-565-3821 or 863-687-2365 (Do not fax to both fax numbers)
If you have any questions regarding the scholarship program, contact us at 1-800-282-9368 (Georgia) or 1-866-687-2136 (Florida).
*Scholarship applications will be judged by outside, impartial judge(s). No person related to staff or volunteers of the UMC FCU will be eligible to receive this scholarship award. Past winners are not eligible.